By using the Service, you are expressing your agreement to this Policy and the processing of your data, including your personal information, in the manner provided in this Policy. If you do not agree to these terms, please do not use the Service.
I. INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE PRACTICES
A. What Basic Information Does White Wizard Games Collect?
We typically collect personal information that you provide to us on a voluntary basis, and you may visit areas on the Sites anonymously without choosing to log in and submit that personal information. However, in order to use certain parts of the Sites and/or log-on to play the Games, or purchase product, you will be required to create an account by providing us your email address and selecting a unique username and password (an “Account”). In the course of maintaining your Account, you might also be asked to participate in online surveys about the Games, or in other Game-related promotional contests, participation in which is entirely voluntary. You might also desire to contact our customer support team via email at [email protected]. In participating in such promotional activities or in contacting customer support, you might be requested to provide additional information beyond your email address, including your name, full address and phone number. In operating the Sites, responding to customer support queries, fulfilling shipments, or otherwise offering the Games, we might also request other information from you, including hardware specs, software performance metrics, game experience, and other demographic information that might be associated with your personal information, such as your gender, hobbies, occupation, platform preferences, and other game ownership information.
Please note that in utilizing certain areas of the Sites or the Games, you will be requested to provide additional information in order to complete a purchase, such as your name, full address, phone number, internet protocol address (for fraud tracking purposes). Credit card information and other payment information is handled by and shared with third party payment providers, including PayPal. WWG does not retain any credit card numbers.
B. What Additional Information Does White Wizard Games Collect?
(1) AUTOMATIC COLLECTION. Our servers automatically recognize visitors’ internet protocol (IP) addresses (the number assigned to computers on the Internet), browser type, and access time. In addition, your web browser or Game software may transmit to WWG certain geographic information or other information regarding your computer, including its capabilities, hardware specs and game data processing. The Sites may also gather anonymous “traffic data” that does not personally identify you, but that may be helpful for marketing purposes or for improving the services we offer.
(2) COOKIES. From time to time, we may use the standard “cookies” feature of major browser applications that allows us to store a small piece of data on your computer about your visit to the Site. Cookies help us learn how to improve the Sites, keep you logged in, and keep track of your shopping cart in the Sites’ store. You can choose whether to accept cookies by changing the settings on your browser. However, if you choose to disable this function, your experience at the Sites may be diminished and some features may not work as they were intended.
(3) iOS AND ANDROID PLATFORMS
When you use any of the WWG games or applications on a mobile platform, we may collect and record certain information such as your unique device ID (persistent / non-persistent), hardware type, media access control (“MAC”) address, international mobile equipment identity (“IMEI”), the version of your operating system (“OS”), your device name, your email address, and your location (based on your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address). This information is useful to us for troubleshooting, providing you an improved game experience, and helping us understand usage trends.
We may collect your email address when you contact our customer service group and we may use that email address to contact you about your gaming experience with WWG games.
We may occasionally send you push notifications through our mobile applications to send you game updates, high scores and other service related notifications that may be of importance to you. You may at any time opt-out from receiving these types of communications by turning them off at the device level through your settings.
GAME DATA COLLECTION
Whenever you play our games, we collect data about all of your interactions with the game and with the other players inside the game via server log files. This information may be associated with your player ID, IP address or device ID for the purpose of providing you our Services and improving them.
C. What Does WWG Do With Collected Information?
We use information collected through our Service for purposes described in this Policy or disclosed to you in connection with our Service. For example, we may use your information to:
- create game accounts and allow users to play our games;
- operate and improve our Service;
- respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service;
- notify you and send you prizes if you are a participant in a promotion or contest;
- provide and deliver products and services you request;
- send you related information, including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- communicate with you about promotions, rewards, upcoming events, and other news about products and services offered by White Wizard Games and our selected partners;
(2) ANONYMOUS INFORMATION. We use anonymous information to analyze the Sites traffic, but we do not examine this information for individually identifying information. In addition, we may use anonymous IP addresses to help diagnose problems with our servers, to administer the Site, or to display the content according to your preferences. Traffic and transaction information may also be shared with business partners and advertisers on an aggregate and anonymous basis.
(3) COMPELLED DISCLOSURES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION. We may disclose personal information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to (a) comply with requirements of the law or comply with legal process served on WWG or its parent company, subsidiaries or affiliates, (b) protect and defend the rights or property of WWG or the users of the Sites or Game, or (c) act under unusual, extraordinary or emergency circumstances to protect the safety of the public or users of the Sites or Game.
(4) SALE OF INFORMATION. In order to accommodate changes in our business, we may sell or buy portions of our company or other companies or assets, including the information collected through the Sites or otherwise collected in connection with the Games. If WWG or substantially all of its assets are acquired, customer information and personal information will be one of the assets transferred to the acquirer. Should such an event occur, we will use reasonable means to notify you, either through email and/or a prominent notice on the Sites.
(5) ACCESS TO INFORMATION. You are able to review and request changes to your Account information by sending an email to [email protected] You may also request that we remove all information about you from our database by contacting us at [email protected]
D. Notice Concerning Children
We are a general audience site, and do not direct any of our content specifically at children under 13 years of age. The Sites and the Games are not intended for children under the age of 13. We understand and are committed to respecting the sensitive nature of children’s privacy online, and as such do not knowingly collect any personal information from any user under age 13. If we learn or have reason to suspect that a user of the Sites or Games is under age 13, we will promptly delete any personal information in that user’s Account.
The Sites and the Games have security measures in place to help protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information that we obtain from you. In addition, we restrict access to personal information to WWG employees, independent contractors and agents who need to know this information in order to develop, operate and maintain the Sites and the Games. All WWG personnel who have access to this information are trained in the maintenance and security of such information. However, no server, computer or communications network or system, or data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect user information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us through the use of the Games or the Sites and we make no assurances about our ability to prevent any such loss or misuse to you or to any third party. You acknowledge and agree that you provide such information and engage in such transmissions at your own risk.
III. WEBSITE AREAS BEYOND OUR CONTROL
The Sites and Games use Google Analytics to help us learn about who visits our Sites and Games and what pages are being viewed.
IV. Sharing of Information
We may use your personal information on an anonymous basis to provide analyses of our users in the aggregate to prospective partners, advertisers and other third parties. We may also disclose and otherwise use, on an anonymous basis, affiliation, position, interests and other non-personal information about customers.
In addition, we will share the personal information we collect from you under the following circumstances:
- Asset transfers. If we become involved in a merger, acquisition or other transaction involving the sale of some or all of WWG’s assets, user information, including personal information collected from you through your use of the Sites or Games, could be included in the transferred assets. Should such an event occur, we will use reasonable means to notify you through notice on the Sites.
- Service Providers. We may share your personal information with service providers that we engage for the purpose of processing information on our and your behalf, such as to fulfill product orders, collect billing information and process payments. While providing services for us, these companies may access your personal information. Those companies include PayPal.com, Square, and Shopify.
V. DISPUTE RESOLUTION
A. Dispute Resolution Outside The European Union
If you are a resident of any country not a current member of the European Union, you agree that should any dispute or claim arise out of, or relate to, this Policy (“Claim”), you will attempt in good faith to negotiate a written resolution of the Claim directly with us. You agree that if the matter remains unresolved for thirty (30) days after one party has provided written notice of the Claim to the other party, all parties shall join in mediation services in Middlesex County, Massachusetts with a mutually agreed mediator in an attempt to resolve the dispute. Should you file any arbitration claims, or any administrative or legal actions without first having attempted to resolve the matter by mediation, then you agree that you will not be entitled to recover attorneys’ fees, even if you would otherwise be entitled to them. WWG will send its notice to the address we have on file to the extent that you have provided additional contact information to us. Otherwise, we will send our notice to the email address associated with your Account. You will send your notice to White Wizard Games, 719 Water St., Framingham, MA 01701 Attn: Legal Department. Please note that this informal resolution procedure does not suspend any statutory limitation periods applicable to the bringing of a Claim.
B. Dispute Resolution for Residents of the European Union
VI. CONTACT INFORMATION AND POLICY UPDATES
A. Contacting Us
If you have any questions about this Policy, our practices regarding your personal information related to the Sites or Games, or if you would like to have us remove your information from our database and deactivate your Account, please contact us at [email protected]
If your personally identifiable information changes, or if you no longer desire our service, you may correct, update or amend it by emailing our Customer Support at [email protected] or by contacting us by postal mail at the contact information listed below. We will respond to your request to access within 30 days. Please note that the deletion of your data will lead to the termination of your Account and applicable services. However, also note that when you delete your Account, we may retain your Account information for a reasonable period of time afterward for the purpose of internal account management and fraud prevention activities.
B. Opting Out of Marketing
You may opt-out of receiving promotional emails from us by following the instructions at the bottom of those emails or by emailing us at [email protected] If you opt-out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as emails about your accounts or important game update notifications.
C. Updates and Changes