Violation of these Community Guidelines is grounds for the termination of any accounts you may have with White Wizard Games which includes the forfeiture of all products/content associated with such account, as well as the revocation of your permission to use our online games, services or tools and your suspension or expulsion from organized play. White Wizard Games and its designated parties are the final judges of whether someone’s behavior qualifies as inappropriate or disruptive. These Community Guidelines is subject to change at any time at our discretion. Your continued use of our Sites or Services constitutes your acceptance of such change.
Code of Conduct
1) Because players see each other’s usernames, it is important to not choose a username that deceives or offends others. WWG serves a global, diverse audience, and we intend to provide a play environment that reflects that audience. Screen names that are deemed offensive (at WWG’s sole discretion) may be modified or deactivated without notice. For example:
- Names of offensive or notorious persons, controversial political figures, references to cultural tragedies or of significant religious or occult meaning;
- Names containing profanity, obscene slang, graphic anatomical references, racial, ethnic, sexist, or religious slurs;
- Names with word combinations that produce an offensive result;
- Names of or references to illicit substances or drug-related paraphernalia;
- Names with the intent or effect of harming the reputation of another;
- Names including protocol prefixes and domain suffixes (e.g. http://, .org, .com);
- Names that impersonate the representation of a specific business or Sites, including any business or Sites you may operate or represent;
- Proper names of White Wizard Games staff or their titles; or
- Misspellings, phonetic, and alternative spellings of prohibited names are subject to modification or deactivation.
- Words that imply affiliation with White Wizard Games or our partners (e.g. “Admin” or “WWG”)
2) Our games are aimed at a family audience for all ages. Do not use, post, distribute, or link to obscene, pornographic, sexually explicit, graphically or gratuitously violent, derogatory, demeaning, malicious, defamatory, abusive, offensive, hateful or discriminatory language or content. This includes “masking” language by using alternative characters/spelling/spacing to get around profanity filters or claims of profanity filter “testing.”
3) Games should be fun! Do not harass, bully, threaten, harm or cause discomfort for other persons, including any other members. For example:
- Use of hate speech or racial, ethnic, sexist, homophobic or religious slurs;
- Harassment of a specific person (repeated flaming, personal attacks, or posting their private information);
- Trolling or baiting the community in general with inflammatory statements, such as ones designed to elicit a negative response from the community; or
- Posting or otherwise disclosing any personal or private information of another person, or any confidential information pertaining to a business, without consent.
4) The law is the law. Do not promote, plan, glorify, or engage in any illegal activity or otherwise make available content that would encourage or provide instructions for an illegal activity. These topics include crimes relating to drugs, drug paraphernalia, rape, solicitation of a minor, computer hacking, counterfeiting, and fraud.
5) Be real. Do not impersonate other persons, including fellow users or White Wizard Games staff, by screen name or self-representation, or attempt to obtain sensitive information from other members. For example:
- Falsely claiming an official title or to hold position relating to the Sites;
- Falsely claiming the representation of another business or Sites;
- Faking an existing member’s screen name by using similar-looking characters;
- “Spoofing” or “emoting” another member’s text in a chat room;
- Falsely claiming to be a law enforcement officer; or
- Soliciting passwords or personal information from other members.
6) Be nice. Do not disrupt chat, forums, blog comments, or other communication channels.
7) Do not use the White Wizard Games community or assets to advertise your commercial interests. This includes:
- Sending unsolicited commercial messages to any members.
- Using White Wizard Games’ images, artwork, logos or other intellectual property without express written permission for commercial purposes.
8) Use your own account. Do not attempt to use or gain access to another’s accounts or service, engage another member under false pretenses or otherwise defraud another member. Anyone linking to, posting, distributing or promoting hacks, modifications, viruses, or password mining Sites may face legal action in addition to normal account penalties.
9) Play fair. Do not attempt to artificially alter the outcome of a league, sanctioned event, or organized game. For example:
- Bribing or offering compensation in order to change the game outcome; or
- Stalling, spamming, harassing, or behaving in any unsportsmanlike manner that affects the game.
10) Play fair, continued: Do not violate the terms of any official organized play tournament rules as published and updated by White Wizard Games from time to time and at its sole discretion.
11) Please purchase our products. Do not intentionally purchase or distribute infringing or pirated copies of White Wizard Games products.
12) If you are still reading this, you are probably Lawful Good and would not do any of this, but our lawyers strongly suggest we say it anyways: Do not cheat, steal or defraud White Wizard Games or other players.
Explanation of Disciplinary Escalation and Procedures
Moderators, judges, or other White Wizard Games designees may issue formal warnings, by post, private message or email when a member has committed a Community Guidelines infraction. Depending on the severity of the infraction, White Wizard Games, at its sole discretion, may issue a warning, suspension or expulsion.
This explanation of disciplinary procedures is meant to be a guideline for members to understand what their status may be with regard to the process, but it is only a guideline. White Wizard Games may deviate from this procedure at any time and in any manner, and reserves all rights and remedies available in law and equity.